Purpose of Photo Contest
The Friends of Gatineau Park seek to:
- Foster a sharing with the public of Park visitor’s pictorial experience of the flora, fauna and landscapes as well as the heritage features of the Park in all seasons as a means of heightening awareness of the exceptional character of this Park.
- Maintain a virtual gallery of shared memories – Reminiscence – for access by members and others as well as use by the Friends in its promotional material.
Bring a digital camera to your next visit and, with your photos, help us communicate the story of Gatineau Park by:
- Completing in full an entry form and the terms of the release form. Send.
- Emailing photo of Park’s nature or of heritage for either the June to December, or December to June contest. A maximum of 3 recent photos may be submitted for each contest and must be:
- Taken by an amateur over the age of 17.
- Minimally 1800 by 1200 pixels, 300 dpi resolution.
- Black and white or colour
- Virtual or horizontal format
- Without significant alteration. Minor digital enhancements (i.e. cropping, red eye removal) are permitted.
- Without watermarks, backgrounds or borders etc
- Received in electronic format only (.jpg; .gif, .raw; or .tif)
- For the first two (2) contests, digital photos from the previous contest held by the National Capital Commission may be submitted, provided these have not been selected as winners.
- Submission forms and photos by e-mail attachments or by snail-mail CD must be in by the established November 30 or May 31 deadline.
- Judges make their decision on the following qualities: creativity, composition, focus, impact, lighting, originality and storytelling.
Contestants will be notified by e-mail, unless only a snail-mail address has been received. Entry material will not be returned rather archived for future access.
A first prize will be awarded.