The NCC will be hosting a number of activities this summer to mark and celebrate the 75th anniversary of Gatineau Park and it will start on June 2, from 9 am to 4 pm with an Open House day at Gatineau Park Visitor Centre, 33 Scott Road, Chelsea. Some of the activities offered on coming Sunday are: birds of prey demonstration, nature interpretation walks for the whole family, interactive kiosks and other demos. All activities are free; some require advance reservations.
The Friends of Gatineau Park will be actively participating in this day by hosting 2 different events on Sunday, June 2, 2013.
The first event will take place on the Lauriault Trail and it will be an interpretation hike lead by Jean Lauriault.
- Registration required with a maximum of 30 participants;
- Meeting place: Lauriault parking;
- Time: 10 to 12 am.
The second event will take place on various trails of the Park and you are invited to walk a trail with volunteers of the Adopt-A-Trail program; pre-registration is not required. Just join the volunteer at the various parking lots indicated below.
- Wolf Trail: Paule Tremblay, starting at 10 am from P13;
- Trail 40, 24, 1 & 2 (loop): Paul Jaenicke at 10 am from P12;
- Luskville Falls Trail: Robin Hebert at 1 pm from Luskville Falls parking lot;
- Pink Lake Trail: Julien Raby, starting at 1 pm from Pink Lake parking lot.
Come and join the NCC and the Friends of Gatineau Park for this activity-packed day. More information at 819-827-2020.