As indicated in a previous posting, the NCC and the Friends of Gatineau Park organize two workbees to help clear off some trails of the Gatineau Park, including the backcountry winter trails.
These two activities will be held on SEPTEMBER 7 and OCTOBER 5 (postponed to the following Saturday in case of bad wheather).
Please let Mario Simard (email@example.com) know by e-mail:
– If you are interested in participating? Which of the 2 dates? Or both?
– Do you need a lift and if so, from where?
HOW WILL THE DAY UNFOLD
We will gather for coffee at the Gatineau Park Visitor Center in Chelsea around 8:30 AM. At 9:00 small groups will be formed and assigned their respective tasks. Work should end around 12:30 – 1:00, at which time those interested can meet back for lunch at the Visitor Center.
WHAT TO BRING
– Working gloves and appropriate clothing / footwear
– Optional: pruning shears or small manual saw
WHAT TRAILS WILL BE COVERED
– Finishing the work on the following trails: portion of 54 , 28, 25, 18, 56 (towards Mud lookout), 21, 33, 32 (along Fortune Parkway), 23, 17, 38
– Re-opening back country trails: 9, 11, 13, 19, 20, 22, 34
Note: Some of this work may have been done already.
Also, please share this information with anyone you think might be interested.
We had a good time for a similar activity in the Spring. Join the fun!