Let’s help to get our Park ready for the Winter season while enjoying the magnificent Fall colours!
Pre-season walk through of the backcountry ski trails and snowshoe trails
You are invited to join the National Capital Commission (NCC) and the Friends of Gatineau Park (FGP) in a work bee to hike/walk through the backcountry ski trails and to report any maintenance work required. This activity will start from the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre on Sunday November 1, 2015 at 9 am.
If interested, please email Marie-Michèle Dallaire ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- your name and those of anyone else who will be joining you
- your telephone/mobile number
- whether you are available to work until approximately 1 pm or 4 pm
- if you are very familiar with the backcountry trails and might be interested to lead one of the work bee groups
Please share this work bee invitation with anyone you think might be interested.
HOW WILL THE DAY UNFOLD?
We will meet at Gatineau Park Visitor Centre, at 9 am on November 1, 2015 RAIN OR SHINE, for the work bee teams assignment, instructions for the day, and coffee and muffins (please bring your own mug). We will encourage car pooling.
Work bee teams will hike their assigned backcountry trail(s) and take note of major work to be done by the NCC.
Work bee teams will finish at different times during the day. All will report back to the Visitor Centre at 4 pm at the latest to submit their trail reports.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Your lunch and snacks
- The NCC will provide the required tools and work gloves. But bring your own work gloves if you’d prefer.
This is a great opportunity to meet other Friends of the Park and their friends, and to visit for the first time, or reconnect with, some of the Park’s wonderful backcountry ski trails and snowshoe trails.